Gertrude Elizabeth Vachon (January 12, 1962 – August 27, 2010) was a Canadian professional wrestler better known by the ring name Luna Vachon
- Early career (1985-1992)
- World Wrestling Federation (1993-1994)
- Luna's first WWF appearance was in April 1993 at WrestleMania IX,
- In 1994, Luna was the first woman to appear in a WWF video game,
- Independents and Extreme Championship Wrestling (1994-1996)
- World Championship Wrestling (1997)
- World Wrestling Federation (1997-2000)
- Independent circuit (2000-2007)
- her last match took place on December 7 for Great Lakes Championship Wrestling in Milwaukee. She successfully defended her GLCW Ladies Championship against Traci Brooks and then retired as champion.
Death of Luna Vachon
On the morning of August 27, 2010, Luna Vachon was found dead at her Florida home, when her mother called on her. According to the autopsy, she died of a drug overdose. Investigators found oxycodone and multiple prescription drugs in her bedroom. The Medication was due to her many injuries suffered during her career as well as her bipolar disorder. Luna became addicted to the medication at some point and underwent rehabilition, paid for by WWE, which she completed in June 2009. She was buried in a ceremony open to immediate family only, at the ranch formerly owned by her close friend Andre the Giant.